Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

As you may be able to tell, I have been too busy to do much of anything except schoolwork. I love architecture, but architecture school is hard!! My friend Alex put it best, "it looks like this is one of those situations that what doesn't kill you is going to make you stronger." Fortunately I have a lot of people who are supporting me in the wings, I don't know what I would do if they weren't at the end of the phone line when I needed them! (thanks!) With about 7.5 days until the end of the first semester I thought I would take a small break from my Theory Final to post some pics of what I managed to finish craft-wise BEFORE I was too busy! This is the quilt I made for my friends now 4-month old, Helen. She is the most adorable, mellow, awesome baby and this quilt is perfect for her (if i do say so myself). I finally gave it to them on Thanksgiving (since I stayed in Chicago they invited me over) and even Helen's dad said "I love it! Grey and green is AWESOME!" = SUCCESS!!!

I'm going to make an identical one for myself over break and I can't wait to get back on the sewing machine ;)


Zig-Zag Quilt from CrazyMom Quilt tutorial, Erin McMorris Wildwood and Kona Cotton Solids



1 comment:

Wicky said...

The quilt looks great, and I'm glad to have you back in the blogosphere!
Renegade Christmas fair is this weekend. Let me know if you need a study break on Sunday and want to go :-)
See you next weekend and good luck with exams and stuff!