Sunday, May 10, 2009

May Weekend

Spring time here in Chicago is heartbreaking. One day its sunny and seventy degrees, the next it is torrentially downpouring, and the next its cloudy and 40 degrees with wind chill. The last one is what the weekend has been like here. After a chilly early morning Dragbies softball game yesterday I came home and worked on finishing up the quilt I am going to give my brother for his 24th birthday in July. He lives in Alaska and likes to camp and be outside so I think it will be great for him to take with him in his truck. The back and binding is a cozy blue flannel. I just need to sew the binding but I have plenty of time for that.
Now I have to make the wedding quilt for my friend Jessie and her fiancee Alex who are getting married June 20th in St. Louis. She requested blue and yellow and is "traditional". Uh, I am NOT traditional. I don't really like flowery fabrics, usually they seem cheesy to me. So I attempted to find the perfect fabric online for about three months. Finally last week I bit the bullet and started to order these frenchish flowery blue and yellow prints, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't work on a quilt for the next month without liking the fabric. So I found these fabrics from the fabric shack. Now I'm going to make them into a zig-zag quilt!! Ill post updates as I move along. Have a great Sunday!!!

No comments: