Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis

Phew, I finally got the quilt top done for the wedding I am going to in June. My friend Jessie from Colgate is marrying her lovely fiancee Alex in St. Louis and obviously I couldn't show up with any old gift from the registry. After many months of searching for the right fabric I finally found some to use in the zig-zag quilt pattern shared by Crazy Mom Quilts. I should mention that I really struggled in the middle of this and couldn't seem to get the right squares in the right places. I blame my lack of space to lay the whole quilt out. Anyway, now I need to figure out how to get to Joann's to pick up some backing fabric so I can get this sucker quilted!! Maybe I can sneak away with the car this weekend when my girlfriends Anna and Ruthie are enjoying the sun by Gilbert Lake, WI. ;)

No comments: