Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fabric Baskets


I found this tutorial on MissBehave's blog and had to try it out. I have a teeny tiny little studio apartment and it seems like all my things are always being knocked off of shelves and tables. Heather and I bought some fabric last weekend at the Vogue Fabrics in Evanston to make the big boxes, but after I found that great fabric yesterday at Joanns I wanted to make something smaller for my bathroom. My little Elnita sewing machine had a hard time at the end sewing through two layers of heavy heavy stabilizer plus home dec weight fabric and cotton fabric so I just hand sewed the corners where there was the most bulk. I wish I could just zoom through all the layers but my sewing machine does what it can and I do love it!! I can handle a little hand stitching on a Friday night. Besides that the little box turned out GREAT! It was exactly what I needed in my bathroom and it is currently storing all my day to day makeup and tools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, the basket turned out great and I love the fabric!